The Playstation 5 is a machine to be marveled at. Being one of the top-notch gaming machines of its time, it’s unsurprisingly rare to hear about issues with the device.
This gaming machine is one of the best of its kind. However, like all electronic devices, it will once in a while malfunction or freeze.
Sometimes, the only viable option is to restart the machine and hope it comes back on okay.
But how do you turn off the Playstation 5?
The Playstation 5 can be turned off or put into rest mode by several different methods. The off and on button is located at the bottom front face of the PlayStation 5. You can find it almost hidden in the black surface underneath the CD ejection button. The device can also be turned off wirelessly by pressing the power button located on the front mid-portion of the remote controller.
There’s a little bit more to the method on how to turn off the Playstation via these methods and that’s something we’ll dive into in the following.
How to turn off your Playstation 5 using the remote controller
- Press on the center button right below Playstation logo on the controller and enter the PS5 control center menu.
- With the directional pad, navigate to the right until you see the power button and click on it.
- You’ll be given 3 options: Enter Rest Mode, Turn Off PS5 and Restart PS5.
- Select “Turn Off PS5.”
- The PS5 will take an extra moment to prepare for a complete shutdown. Wait for the light on the edge of the PS5 to turn off.
How to turn off your Playstation 5 without the remote controller
- Locate the power button on the PS5 console. You can find it at the bottom center black strip right under the CD ejector button.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps and let go.
- The PS5 will take an extra moment to completely shutdown. Just wait for the light on the edge of the PS5 to turn off.